Thursday, September 2, 2010

And now, reality sets in

I need a plan, and a careful one if I am to succeed at this challenge. $60 a month is $2 a day.  Is that even possible? That's what they live on in third world countries isn't it? Well, I do have the blessing of a fully stocked pantry and freezer. Not a ginormous chest freezer unfortunately, just a normal side-by-side style Frigidaire, but it is mostly full of meat. My pantry, well that's a bit of a joke among friends--it is FULL. When I find an amazing sale (like the ketchup!) I stock up. I'm by no means a couponing guru, don't even get the Sunday paper, but I do hate to pay full price and try to buy enough to last me through to the next sale.

Anyhow...after some thought and pantry inventorying, here's my preliminary meal plan, to be fluffed out and filled in with recipes as we go.

Sunday: Pasta with a red sauce
Monday: Rice based meal
Tuesday: Bread based meal
Wednesday: Egg based meal
Thursday: Soup and bread
Friday: Pasta with a white sauce
Saturday: Leftovers or an egg based meal
...and repeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment